What Is Krill Oil?
Krill oil comes from an animal similar to a shrimp. This oil is extracted and placed in capsules for medical uses. Krill oil is a very beneficial supplement for men and women with active lifestyles. When taking krill oil as a supplement, it’s important to know how to manage the timing of it. This is why we are discussing when to take krill oil. Proper timing can make all the difference in the world.
Krill oil contains fatty acids that are similar to fish oil. These fatty acids are packed with benefits that can decrease swelling and more. Krill oil is used for many different conditions and has shown promising results. It is used for heart disease, high levels of blood fats, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, stroke prevention, depression, and so much more.
When To Take Krill Oil
While Krill oil can be taken any time during the day, it should always be taken with a meal. Taking krill oil with your breakfast is the best option. You won’t forget it and your stomach will be full!
The recommended dosage for adults is 500 mg per day.
Benefits of Krill Oil
- Promotes heart health
- Promote eye health
- Prevents inflamed pathways
- Promotes brain health (concentration, learning, memory)
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Helps ease premenstrual symptoms (cramps, mood swings, fluid retention)
- Boosts immune system
- Promotes overall well being and youthfulness
- Promotes liver health and function
- Keeps skin healthy and aids in healthy complexion
- Improves joint lubrication and function
Risks of Krill Oil
- Blood thinning
- Difficulty swallowing
- Rapid heartbeat
- Hives, itching, rash
- Puffiness or swelling on face
- Tightness in chest
- Fatigue or weakness
Top Brands of Krill Oil
- 3 Care
- Sports Research
- Hamilton Healthcare
- Viva Labs
- Potent Organics
Krill oil can be a very beneficial supplement for men and women who are focused on bodybuilding and leading active lifestyles. If you are planning on supplementing with krill oil, remember to note when and how to take krill oil.