If you live anywhere in the U.S. besides Southern California, you are bound to catch a cold once the temperature starts to drop. We’re only human! Whether you are anticipating a cold or you’ve already caught one, we’ve got you covered. We’ve gathered some information on a few of our favorite cold remedy supplements and vitamins. These miracle workers will boost your immune system so that you never catch that awful sickness, or if you do catch it, your symptoms will be far less severe and won’t last as long! If you’re already sick and need it to end ASAP, these vitamins will reduce the symptoms and have you ready for the world again in no time!
Next time you go to the drug store, skip the tissue boxes and grab these instead!
Zinc is a metal and nutrient that is found naturally in cells throughout the body. However, zinc is commonly used in supplement form help people stay healthy. It is an essential trace element which means that humans require very small amounts in order to stay healthy. While we may not require very much of it, it doesn’t mean that we can’t take more than the bare minimum our bodies require. Zinc is packed with health benefits that no one wants to miss out on! For example, it helps our immune systems fight off invading bacteria and viruses, which is never a bad thing. No more nasty colds! Our bodies also use zinc to make the genetic materials in all of our cells, also known as our proteins and DNA. While zinc can be found in some foods such as spinach, beef, shrimp, kidney beans, flax seeds and more, sometimes that isn’t enough. Perhaps you have a tricky diet, or it is hard to measure the amount you’re consuming. This is why you should stock up on zinc supplements!
What Are The Benefits Of Zinc?
- Boosts immune system
- Reduce severity and duration of cold symptoms
- Essential for repair and function of DNA (great if you’re pregnant too)
- Promotes healthy skin
- Helpful with prostate disorders
- Improves cognitive function
- Can show improvement in sense of smell and taste
- Fights off a cold and reduces severity of symptoms
- Promotes healthy weight loss
- Aids men in reproductions
- Improves healing of wounds and infections
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Regulates enzymes
- Aids in chronic fatigue
- Can treat alopecia (hair loss)
- Helps avoid bone loss
- Improves vision
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant with many benefits, one of which is boosting our immune systems! The main benefit is its ability to help the body form and maintain connective tissue. Vitamin C fights bacteria, viruses and infections, which as you probably have guessed, is why we included it in this list! The almighty vitamin also promotes strong and healthy bones, skin, and teeth, boosts the body’s ability to heal wounds and cuts, and so much more. It’s tricky to get enough vitamin C through diet alone which is why we highly encourage taking it in supplement form.
What Are The Benefits of Vitamin C?
- Treats the common cold
- Boosts immune system
- Improves overall mood and happiness levels
- Rapidly repairs wounds
- Lowers blood pressure / hypertension
- Improves blood vessel dilation
- Protects cardiovascular health and prevents heart diseases
- Known to cure lead toxicity
- Treats cataracts
- Minimizes risk for various types of cancers
- Can prevent against strokes
- Cures diabetes
- Controls asthma
Echinacea is an immune system booster that will save you during the cold fall and winter months! It is made from a group of wildflowers. Echinacea stimulates the immune system and prevents and treats upper and lower respiratory tract infections. It also enhances wound healing and treats eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions when applied topically. Echinacea has been long used to treat a wide array of conditions but was introduced into medical practice in the U.S. in the 1880s as a treatment for common colds and infections. This is one of the best all natural options for fighting colds and boosting your immune system! Trust us on this one.
What Are The Benefits of Echinacea?
- Boosts the immune system
- Reduces symptoms of colds, flu, etc.
- Fights cancer
- Alleviates pain (headaches, bowels, herpes, sore throats, toothache, animal bites, etc.)
- Functions as a laxative
- Works as an anti-inflammatory agent
- Improves skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, stings, bites, wounds)
- Improves mental health
- Relieves upper respiratory issues
- Fights infection